Sunday, July 31, 2011

How to understand the bible?

What is an Apologist? I know how to read a bible, but I don't understand it.

Yesterday when I was Having a Household with my co-YFC's, one of the father (the owner of the house) of my colleagues questioned us, if we know how to read the bible, and mentioned about "Apologist". He said that apologist came form the root word "Apology", he said that "Apology and sorry are of the different meaning".

He gave us hints on how to read and where to start the bible. Just to make sure I googled on how to understand the bible and I found this, I just want to share this to you guys and let us learn and understand more the bible, with the more understanding approach:

  • Read "Mark." (It is written in chronological order.)
  • Read "Matthew." (It goes into better detail of some events and adds more about Jesus.)
  • Read "John." (It contains a lot of the life of Jesus not before read, especially his last two weeks before the crucifixion.)
  • Read "Luke" then "Acts." (Both written by Apostle Paul's traveling companion Luke. Acts is a continuation of Luke. It describes the early church and contains the examples of New Testament conversions.)
  • Read "Galations." (It deals with the reasons why we do not follow the Old Testament Laws in a more simplified way than does Romans or Hebrews.)
  • Then read the rest of the New Testament starting at Romans and going to Revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment